Sunday morning worship
Virtual Blended Worship at 8:30am
(Limited) Blended at 8:30 & 10:00am (must sign up)
Live streamed on Facebook
(available for viewing anytime by clicking the link below)
WORSHIP SERVICE EMAIL sent to the congregation dated 5/20/20:
We are pleased to announce that we will resume limited attendance worship on Sunday, May 31 - BUT everyone attending must sign up and it is limited to 80 people (which is about 30% of our sanctuary capacity). This will continue at least through June 14 (but will be continually be monitored according to the county and state guidelines).
There will be TWO IDENTICAL BLENDED SERVICES (no communion) offered at 8:30 and 10:00am. The first service will be live-streamed on Facebook and available to watch "live" at 8:30 or anytime after (just as has been done during the Stay-at Home time).
Each person needs to take responsibility for the decision to attend. If you are sick, stay home. If you are not comfortable attending worship at this time, we understand and respect your decision to stay home. Before you choose to attend, we ask that everyone to review the COVID-19 symptoms and not attend if you are uncertain or are at high risk.
If you then choose to attend, please note the following:
• You will be required to sign-up weekly and may only attend the service for which you have registered. No “dropping in.” Follow this link to our webpage and click on the "WORSHIP SERVICE" SignUp Genius logo. Or you can call the church office (272-4214) during regular office hours and we can sign you up.
• The names of those on our sign-ups will be kept private. The church will not use or keep this information long-term nor give it away to anyone else, except if it is determined afterwards that there is a person infected who attends a service and exposes those who attended. In that case it is important that infection tracking can occur to inform you that you have been exposed.
• Attendance is limited. We may not be able to accommodate everyone, every week.
• Arrive only 10-15 minutes prior to your worship service time. Remain in your car until the ushers indicate it is time to enter the building.
• Please wear a mask at all times when inside the building and use the provided hand sanitizer as you enter. Please observe physical distancing requirements with non-family members.
• Ushers will seat people, beginning at the front and spacing according to physical distancing requirements. You will be ushered out from the back to the front. If you wish to share a pew with someone, enter the church together.
• There will be no lingering in the lobby and no fellowship time. Building access is limited to the main floor only.
COMMUNION SERVICE EMAIL sent to the congregation dated 5/17/20:
We will not currently be offering Holy Communion during Sunday morning public worship, but rather in small special services of confession and Holy Communion. We will continue to offer these brief services until such time as we are comfortable including communion in the public worship setting. Attendance at Sunday worship in not a requirement to attend this service but provides an opportunity for those who desire to commune.
• Wednesdays . 4:00 – 6:00pm (four, 30-minute time slots)
• Sundays . 1:00 – 3:00pm (four, 30-minute time slots)
• Limit: 15 persons per service.
• Sign up: You will make a reservation for a time slot by clicking the "SIGNUP GENIUS" button on our website:
or by calling the church office during normal office hours (272-4214)
• Everyone attending MUST sign up (no drop-ins allowed) and attend at your selected time. And non-communing children must also sign up.
• Services will last about 15 minuets then the area will be disinfected and prepared for the next group.
• Please arrive only 5 minutes prior.
• Participants will be seated in chairs near the communion rail and follow a brief order of service which includes a time of confession & forgiveness, scripture, creed, Lord's Prayer. The bread/wine will be at a station for each individual that will be picked up by him/her.
• Please wear a mask at all times when inside the building.
• Please use the provided hand sanitizer as you enter the building.
• There will be no lingering in the building. Please observe physical distancing requirements with non-family members.
An email sent to the congregation dated 5/15/20:
Dear Members of Faith Lutheran Church,
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.
These past weeks have been a time of change and anxiety as we have experienced unprecedented disruptions to our daily lives due to the COVID-19 virus, including our ability to engage in public worship together with our Faith family. God has been good to provide the gift of technology allowing us to reach out to our members during the stay-at-home orders. We have been greatly encouraged by the participation on our on-line Sunday worship services via Facebook or the church website, on-line (Zoom) Bible study offerings and the morning announcements and devotions posted daily on Facebook. We give thanks for our called and office staff who have worked tirelessly to make all those things happen.
The Lay Leadership Council, the Board of Spiritual Life and called and office staff have been monitoring the community health situation and related state and local guidelines closely. We are pleased to announce that we will resume LIMITED public worship. We will also begin offering the sacrament of Holy Communion in special SMALL brief services. Praise be to God!
While we will resume public worship and Holy Communion soon, there will be necessary adaptions to honor physical distancing requirements and public safety recommendations. We ask for your cooperation and understanding as we navigate this new situation. We all hope and pray that these adaptations will be temporary and that we may resume a full worship schedule soon.
MORE INFORMATION WITH SIGNUP DETAILS WILL BE COMING OUT IN FUTURE EMAILS IN THE NEXT WEEK. PLEASE WATCH YOUR EMAIL!
SACRAMENT OF HOLY COMMUNION (LIMITED to 15 PEOPLE per time slot):
We will NOT currently be offering Holy Communion during Sunday morning public worship, but rather in small special services of confession and Holy Communion. We will continue to offer these brief services on Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons until such time as we are comfortable including communion in the public worship setting. Attendance at Sunday worship is not a requirement to attend this service. Every person attending will be required to sign up (no drop-ins will be allowed). Watch your email for detailed information and a link to sign up online.
BLENDED WORSHIP (LIMITED to 80 PEOPLE per service):
Two identical services will be offered at 8:30 & 10:00am starting May 31. The 80-person limit does not include officiants, staff, sound and screen techs, ushers or other personnel required for the operation of the service. Every person attending will be required to sign up online (or call the church) and no drop-ins will be allowed. Information on how to sign up will be coming in a future email.
On-line worship services will continue via Facebook and the church website to accommodate those who chose to worship in this manner. We have been encouraged by the positive reception the on-line services have received, and are working on how to make future improvements.
CAN I OR SHOULD I ATTEND?
Each person needs to take responsibility for this decision themselves. If you are sick, stay home. If you are not comfortable attending worship at this time, we understand and respect your decision to stay home.
Before you choose to attend, we ask that everyone review the COVID-19 symptoms and ask yourself the following questions:
• Have you had contact with an infected person in the last 14 days?
• Do you have a fever, headache, chills, sore throat, cough or difficulty breathing?
• Do you have nausea/vomiting, diarrhea or abdominal pain?
• Do you have unexplained fatigue/malaise?
• Are you part of an at-risk population or over 65?
• Do you or someone you live with have an underlying health condition that puts you or them at higher risk?
• If you are uncertain, please contact your personal physician.
Have questions? Feel free to contact the church office or your Spiritual Life Leader. We look forward to seeing you soon!
ABOUT OUR WORSHIP
STYLE - Worship is the recognition and expression of our relationship with our God. All worship services include a Children's Message, scripture, prayers, creed and sermon; and offer all in a printed bulletin and on a large screen.
Traditional-style worship uses liturgy and hymns from of Lutheran Service Book hymnal accompanied by organ. Communion by table (kneeling at communion rail) offered on the first, third, fifth Sundays. The Adult Choir, Alleluia Ringers or instrumental ensembles often offer special music at one or both services.
Contemporary-style worship has a relaxed feel with songs led by the Praise Band. Holy communion by station (continuous walk-thru lines) offered every Sunday. Sign interpretation for the deaf offered the 2nd and 4th Sundays.
The dress is comfortable and mostly casual, yet giving our best for honoring God. God doesn’t specify what external clothes honor him most, because he cares what our hearts wear. If our hearts are wearing humility, no matter what we wear, we will dress in loving ways. If our hearts are wearing humility, we will think of our clothes as little as possible when we draw near to God together in worship.
ACCESSIBILITY - Our physical facilities are fully handicap accessible with reserved parking and handicap access door openers. Large-print bulletins and hearing devices are available for those with vision or hearing needs. There is also wheelchair accessible seating on the west side of our worship space.
FELLOWSHIP - At 9:00 and 10:30 we offer gourmet coffee and pastries or donuts in the Fellowship Hall (free will donation).
2020 Special holiday services
Ash Wednesday & Lent - 5:00 & 7:00p . Feb 26 thru April 1
Maundy Thursday - 5:00 . April 9 (VIRTUAL)
Good Friday Tenebrae - 7:30p . April 10 (VIRTUAL)
Easter - 8:30a . April 12 (VIRTUAL - Blended style)
Thanksgiving Eve - 7:00p . Nov 26
Advent Wednesdays - 5:00 & 7:00p . Dec 2, Dec 9, Dec 16
Christmas Eve . Dec. 24
5:00p (contemporary candlelight)
7:00p & 9:00p (traditional candlelight)
Christmas Day - 10:00a . Dec. 25
New Year's Eve - 7:00p . Dec. 31